Monday, January 12, 2015

Woot! A camera!

I bought a camera!

In a previous post, I went through my thought process about which camera to take on the Camino. In that post I ruled out the Nikon S9700, but recently online shopping site Woot was selling them at a great discount, and I made the purchase.

I had mentioned that the camera had a reputation for breaking. The ones being sold by Woot are refurbished, so I assume that the one I'll be getting was affected by the problem, but that it's now fixed. I plan on giving the camera a thorough workout during Woot's 21-day return period. If it's defective, I will return it.

I also mentioned that I thought that the Sony was a superior camera. I still believe that to be the case, and with a $10 difference between the two, I would still recommend the Sony over this Nikon. But the sale price made this camera $100 cheaper, making this the better deal.

That's it for this post, but there's more in the works. I have picked up some other gear, and I'll be making future posts about that. I will also post my thoughts about the camera once I get it in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment