Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fit for a Pilgrim

I previously mentioned how I wasn't completely satisfied with the (lack of) fitting help I got when buying my backpack. I went back to Eastern Mountain Sports today, and explained the situation to an assistant manager.

She said that she could help me, and lived up to that promise. She loaded my pack with weights, and explained what each of the adjustments did. She also had me try on another size, and took the time to show me in the mirror exactly what we were looking for in a fit. By the time I left, I felt confident that my pack was the right pack for the trip.

What's a Camino?

Whenever I've gone shopping for Camino supplies, regardless of the store, the salesperson always asks me what I'm going to be doing with it. I'll usually ask back, "Have you ever heard of the Camino de Santiago?" The answer has always been "no". I've given up asking the question.

Today when the assistant manager asked the usual question, and I just muttered back something about hiking across Portugal and Spain. "Doing the Camino?" she asked. Apparently she's helped outfit a lot of people for the Camino.

Conclusion

So, in the end my experience with Eastern Mountain Sports was positive, and I will probably go back there for future supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment