Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Coin of the Realm

In day to day life, I tend to use a debit card. I think that a credit card is a safer option for the Camino, however, as I prefer something that isn't linked to my bank account. not being a huge fan of credit, I only have one credit card, and that's a Discover card. While I love my Discover card and I've never had a problem with it here in the states, I have found that its acceptance overseas is somewhat lacking. Discover tells me that it should be accepted wherever I see the Diner's Club logo, but a recent trip to Canada pointed out how useless that, too, can be.

I decided that I should take along a Mater Card or a Visa, instead. I checked out several cards, but only found one that didn't charge any fees for foreign purchases. I applied, and was accepted. My new card should be here next week or the week after.

No comments:

Post a Comment